Nankang Tire has collaborated with independent game developer King One Design to release two tire games, “Tyre Maker” and “Tyre Run” MR (mix reality) designed for mobile devices.
Tire Maker and Tire Run are free to download on Android and iOS.
Tire Maker uses AR and VR technology to explore the tire manufacturing process. The interactive experience and immersive environment are enhanced by augmented reality, also helping to create a safer space during play as if you were at the factory, the company explains.
To show the actual operation inside a tire production factory, the developer team spent several months of research and factory visits to gather realistic information and create a comprehensive analysis. The interactive production line uses augmented reality to recreate a 3D model of the real machine.
Tire Run includes five challenges that show the characteristics of different tire models: NS-25 / AS-2+ / AT-5 / AR-1 / SV-3. The app offers mapping and environmental details, and the company says the music and sound effects are custom-designed for each game.
The following game descriptions are explained by Nankang:
- NS-25: Fast reactions and crazy speed! Weave the tire between cars and buses. Simple and intuitive rolling driving controls. Come and play with your friends to reach the finish line in the shortest possible time.
- AS-2+: Exquisite scenes and relaxing music, realistic water droplets hit the screen, ultra-realism makes you feel like you’re really there!
- AT-5: Drive your offroad tire race through rough paths. The objective is to complete the level within the given time through the mixed terrain environments.
- AR-1: Discover the famous Nurburgring GP-Strecke, an ultra-realistic track with a dynamic racing environment. Going around the circuit with speed and agility is a real test of skill! Beat the clock to win.
- SV-3: Rescue the Penguins! With the relaxing rhythm, save as many penguins as you can while going down the slope; the more you save, the higher your score.